I had high hopes for this week’s food for fun post. Last weekend, a friend and I threw an 80th birthday party for one of the most amazing women I know. This woman, and her party, are a natural fit here and I was looking forward to telling you how I came to meet my amazing friend 20 years ago, giving a brief recap of what she’s meant to me over the years, and finishing sweetly with three of the cookie recipes served at the party.
Summer has thrown me for a crazy loop–the kind you ride full speed at amusement parks. It happens every year–me thinking I can keep up with work projects, etc with my kids home from school, then realizing midway through that I just can’t. My only choice at that point is to give in to the free fall, hang on tightly, and enjoy the ride. This post, then, is about enjoying that ride. Here are a handful of the summer adventures that have eaten up my blogging time.
- Took my daughters to a riding stable for a pony party. Of course there were treats. (thanks, Marlaine!)
- Enjoyed phenomenal meals at local treasures.
- I could say my kids dragged me to a nearby town for a candy shop tour, but that wouldn’t be entirely true as I had a hand in planning our day.
- Made mint juleps Chubby Princess-style.
- Grilled up salmon on the maple Superior Planks I ordered after seeing it used at Patrons of the Pit, grilling blog extraordinaire.
- Wrote another Funny Names in Food post at Blog of Funny Names. Check it out here for more on the foods of summer.
Will close with a picture of me and dear friend and mentor, Ann.
Hope to see you back next week when food for fun unveils Ann’s story and offers up her tasty cookie recipes.